[ExI] education

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon May 23 15:52:38 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

I also assume that Khan has pretests to decide which video to start with.

Spike - comment on the above, please.   bill w

Hi Billw,

Ja, Khan Academy has pre-tests so you know where to start, and also the KA world of math is almost entirely set up to have exercises to go along with the lectures.  You can’t get through world of math without doing skerjillions of exercises and passing the tests.  It can be frustrating: the way they used to do it is a prole had to get five correct answers in a row to pass a skill.  That can be damn hard to do in some areas.

I don’t know how that could be done in disciplines which are not well-suited for text-book exercises.