[ExI] personal medical record software

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 17:55:42 UTC 2022

Oracle recently acquired Cerner EHR (electronic health records) and I think
they have intent to move towards what everyone knows will be a national EHR
with all the bane that comes with the boon

Healthcare is easily 20 years behind tech industry standards.  My employer
is cutting edge at only 15 years behind (ex: "mobile first" design
principles are just now starting to impact development and its a hard sell
to convince people that we shouldn't have multiple versions of code for
various devices)

One reason to keep records from patients is because doctors don't trust
you/us to be qualified to use the information correctly.  WebMD freaks out
as many people as it helps... imagine how much worse that effect when
actual lab values are misunderstood due to insufficient context