[ExI] us

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:29:53 UTC 2022

You cite several reasons for the unexamined religious life.  I would add
this:  maybe some are afraid that if they though too hard about it, they
might find that they can't stomach the metaphysics:  angels and demons,
miracles of all sorts and so on.

And if you looked into the history of religion you would find quite a few
characters of whom it was said the same things as was said of Jesus: virgin
birth, did miracles, went straight to Heaven and a lot more.  These were
common things said about kings and other rulers who told their subjects
that they were gods or The God.  So much of religious life seems artificial
and make-believe.   And I believe that that is what it is.  An old but good
term:  logic-tight compartments:  these are opinions that are not subject
to any logic or interrogation of any kind.  No number of facts or contrary
opinions will get through and change anything.  bill w

On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 11:20 AM Darren Greer via extropy-chat <