[ExI] us

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Thu Nov 10 19:49:32 UTC 2022

Yesterday I had lunch with an old lady (late 80s) who showed me pictures
of her family.  One of the girls (a granddaughter) is pregnant.  Old
lady says to me: "I told her this was a terrible time to be having
children as the world is going to end in 10 years".

I did not take the bait, as I really didn't want lunch to devolve into a
fight, but when I walked her out to her car I saw stickers all over it:
"keep abortion legal", "ban fracking", "New Green Deal", and many
stickers for Green groups.  The car however was an old Subaru, not an
EV. Maybe she's given up hope, it's too late, doom doom doom?

Indeed *her* world *is* likely to end within 10 years but damn.... What
a thing to tell a young mother-to-be.

Very sad.  One thing Humans have going for them is their major
adaptability.  She seems to have lost track of that aspect completely.

Regards,
MB