[ExI] us

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Nov 10 20:38:13 UTC 2022

...> On Behalf Of MB via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] us

>...Yesterday I had lunch with an old lady (late 80s) who showed me pictures of her family.  One of the girls (a granddaughter) is pregnant.  Old lady says to me: "I told her this was a terrible time to be having children as the world is going to end in 10 years"... MB

MB you are just too nice.  I woulda been sorely tempted to say (while struggling to maintain a straight face): "It isn't ten years.  It's It was 12 years on 22 January 2019.  So now the world will end in 8 years, 2 months and ten days!"  Then I would hand her the bill for the lunch and say "So just pay for it."

 Oh I am so evil, I can scarcely stand myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHk8nn0nw18

I have had a lot of fun with that young politician's comment over the past three years none months, 20 days (I mute the sound and just watch her speak (regardless of one's politics, she is smoking hot.))   I like little old ladies, so I might not have said anything either.  Especially if she is hot, as Dr. Jill Stein and Julie Andrews are now.  With Julie, you don't even need to kill the sound.

MB what you heard at lunch yesterday is a modern replacement for the religious apocalyptic movement popular a century ago and is still with us to some extent today.  In accordance with this thread, something had to replace that religion.  Now it is rising tide and bigger hurricanes, coming to punish those who sin against Gaia by burning hydrocarbons.

What puzzles me is how the climate apocalypse crowd think either of these things will cause the world to end.  We have pleeeeenty of real estate up here higher than the tides will reach, even if all the ice on the planet melted away, plenty of farm land, plenty of resources way above 200 ft ASL.  Why will losing Florida and a few percent of the land along the coastal areas cause the world to end?  Anyone?