[ExI] us

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:31:58 UTC 2022

Why will losing Florida and a few percent of the land along the coastal
areas cause the world to end?  Anyone? spike

Spike, you talk as if these people were human versions of Chicken Little.
As a parallel, think of the people in California (near Los Angeles?) whose
houses slide down hill in heavy rainstorms.  Isn't that a clear warning
signal to change zoning laws to prevent future buildings?  Maybe these
people  think that they have to beat people over the head to get their
attention, and exaggeration is part of that strategy.

When I was in my 40s I remarked to a friend that a girl student was very
attractive.  He pointed out that her mother, who was a librarian, was very
attractive herself, and so she was.  Now, at our advanced ages, we can
enjoy the attractiveness of their grandmothers.   (I hope it goes no
further than this!)  bill w

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 2:40 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <