[ExI] us

Dave S sparge at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 16:18:33 UTC 2022

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 11:00 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Billw this is an example of how exaggeration causes cynicism.  Trump never
> suggested injecting or ingesting bleach.  He suggested a injecting a
> disinfectant, which most of us here did inject when they became available.
> A disinfectant fights infections: it helps prevent covid infection but also
> fights existing covid in the body.  The mRNA vaccine is a disinfectant.
> That part about bleach was an extrapolation, injected for political
> advantage.  It worked, for a while.

No, vaccines aren't disinfectants. A disinfectant is a chemical that kills
microbes directly. A vaccine prepares the host's immune system to attack a
specific microbe. A world leader should know better than to speculate about
possible medical treatments in public.

Solution: don’t go to political leaders for medical advice.  Go to medics
> for that.

Of course.

>   Go to political leaders for political leadership.

Good luck with that. Seriously. IMO, the less "leadership" we have, the
better off we are.

-Dave