[ExI] us

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 20:11:16 UTC 2022

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 at 19:47, spike jones via extropy-chat

><snip
>
> Alcohol is a disinfectant, and plenty of people ingest that stuff on a regular basis.  But do we know for sure that some disinfectants cannot destroy viruses?  I must think they can and do in some cases.
>
> spike

EPA regulates the claims on disinfectant product labels.
EPA expects all products on List N to kill all variants of SARS-CoV-2.
Before a company can sell or market a disinfectant whose label claims
to kill a certain pathogen, EPA must authorize that claim during the
registration process.

<https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus/do-disinfectants-kill-newer-variants-coronavirus>

BillK