[ExI] News Flash!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Nov 13 06:21:51 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] News Flash!

>…This pains me as someone who tries his best to NEVER waste food. Dumpster diving is legal everywhere in the U.S. Couldn’t you have done a bit a dumpster diving when no one was looking, or is that too radical?

It isn’t too radical for me, Gadersd.  I will spare you the distasteful details and just say I have personally done dumpster diving.  It has been a long time ago.  In this particular case today, the options were few, for the scouts were present and I am one of their leaders.

There is a better solution: I could have gone to Walmart, bought a 72 case of the albacore, brought it back and asked if I could trade it straight across with the aged cans.  Two wins and two break-evens: the poor get nice fresh tuna, I break even if I don’t worry about best by date, Walmart makes a nice sale, the food donors break even, for they still have their charity go to a good cause of feeding the poor (even if there are no longer any naked people to clothe (which causes one to speculate that perhaps life was more fun in some ways back in the olden days (speaking of which, I heard the ancient Romans used to celebrate the end of a pandemic with wild parties and orgies and dancing and nekkidness and things (so… does anyone know of anything being planned?))))