[ExI] News Flash!

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Nov 13 13:45:19 UTC 2022

I'm not in California, but we have the same issue here.  Maybe it is a
Food Bank policy?

I've been told it is a "personal pride" or "esteem" thing - that a
person going to a Food Bank should not be forced to accept "out of date"
stuff, but receive best quality stuff.

We also have a grocery like you describe.  Dented banged up out of date
stuff for pennies.  Works for me as they often carry stuff my local
regular grocery does not stock.

... I'm with Gadersd, "food waste" :( ... and I have a family member who
discards anything even a day past the "best by" date - even butter or
sugar! She will not change.  Sometimes I'm the lucky recipient because
my son knows I'll eat it.

Regards,
MB