[ExI] News Flash!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Nov 15 19:14:13 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat

>... they felt the need.  The neeeeed for weeeeed…
>
> ... grinding poverty is comfortable and sexy, said no one ever.
>
> spike

>...You call that poor!  You had a dumpster!   We were so poor we had to
eat what we found at the side of the road!  :) Monty Python Four Yorkshiremen sketch. (3 minutes).
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE>

BillK

Luxury!  You 'ad a road?  We used to dreeeeam of eating what we found at the side of a road.

In those days, we college nerds knew every word of the brilliant Four Yorkshire Gentlemen routine, British accents and all.  We soon learned to never complain about anything around any of the computer nerds, knowing someone would exclaim with a pretty good Yorkshire accent: LUXURY!  Coming up with any lame variation on the Four Gentlemen was the best we could do for the humor impaired.

BillK, British comedy in those days was head and shoulders above anything being done in the states.