[ExI] News Flash!

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Tue Nov 15 19:23:03 UTC 2022

That's very enterprising of the Dumpster Middlemen.  :)

We have some dumpster divers in my new neighborhood, but they aren't necessarily homeless. One of the guys who regularly picks out cans and other recycle from everyone's trash actually owns an entire apartment building.  Weekly, he just happens to scrounge for recycle. Given his age (???) and country of origin, I would say that either he or his parents have lived through a Communist famine, so he's taking no chances.

Once, I dared to give away a bag full of cans to that man, and was chided by my own mother in law for wasting the money we could have earned from that--worth an entire lunch! She's from the same country.... The lesson runs deep.

Tara Maya