[ExI] lotta splainin to do

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 05:04:40 UTC 2022

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 8:51 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Then we have people who are good at creating a reality-distortion field
> around themselves who will come up with BitCoin competitors and sell them
> above the “real” value.

This is so thoroughly true, that it is the ability of its creators to
generate that field that drives whether a given cryptocurrency becomes
worth enough for more than a few to bother with.  I once saw a spectacular
flameout of field generation tank an otherwise-promising nascent
cryptocurrency.  (Which was too bad: the guy was promising to pay me in USD
generated from the initial activities.  Good thing I made it clear that, to
perform the services he wanted, I would need USD.)