[ExI] lotta splainin to do

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Nov 16 05:23:02 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] lotta splainin to do

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 8:51 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Then we have people who are good at creating a reality-distortion field around themselves who will come up with BitCoin competitors and sell them above the “real” value.

>…This is so thoroughly true…Good thing I made it clear that, to perform the services he wanted, I would need USD.)

Adrian the thought entertains me: we Californians, once considered so hip and mod, are likely to be the stodgy old dollar-clutchers, all because of how our state’s constitution is constructed.  They can’t easily change it, they can’t require a different currency for payment, property tax is set and perfectly predictable for the future, as inflation drives its real-value cost down even as the dollar-denominated price goes gradually up.

Another entertaining aside, particularly for those of us who have owned a California home for a long time: the above tax-erosion feature makes California real estate an inherently inflation-resistant value-holder asset.  The already-absurd prices of these homes would rise ever higher because of the inflation-driven property-tax erosion feature.

I have never owned or wanted a BitCoin or any other digital currency, however once the dust from this FTX crash settles, I might look into it.  Anyone have thoughts or guidance for a cryptocurrency tyro?