[ExI] Missile Coordinates

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Nov 17 16:43:47 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Missile Coordinates

On Thu, 17 Nov 2022 at 14:20, spike jones via extropy-chat < <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> Omar, what if… a missile battery commander switched the target coordinates, a missile went into a NATO country accidentally triggering World War 3, the POTUS couldn’t remember the code for the football, the USA ended up getting nuked beyond recognition before the American people even knew how to pronounce the name Lviv.

> Oh the writers of this sim are so imaginative.

> spike

>…It's a war, remember?  Everybody is lying / producing propaganda… BillK

Ja.  This one appears to have a modicum of plausibility:

>…Using million dollar missiles to shoot down cheap drones is draining Ukrainian funds, so Uncle Joe better keep sending money and weapons…

Draining Ukrainian funds?  Last I heard the USA was paying for those missiles.

>…Or, if Ukraine 'accidentally' sent a missile into Poland and blamed Russia, maybe NATO or the US might send troops to help fight Russia and get World War III really started.  BillK

Ja.  One might think we would be in some ways better off without nukes.  Oy vey.

BillK, it all causes me to occasionally let my mind wander into places where perhaps it is best to not go, and imagine, just for fun, just imagine… that all this… really is not a digital simulation.  What if… it isn’t all just a game?  It is some kind of… non-artificial… real reality?  The mind boggles.