[ExI] Missile Coordinates

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Fri Nov 18 21:26:52 UTC 2022

Quoting Omar Rahman:

> You know that missile that landed in Poland that everyone is now
> saying was a Ukrainian S300 SAM and definitely not a Russian S300
> SAM missile?
>
> Coordinates for:
>
> Kiev (50.4505318, 30.5229899)
>
> Lviv (49.8395881, 24.0301160)
>
> Take the latitude of Kiev and the longitude of Livi and you get:
>
> Place1 (50.4505318, 24.0301160)
>
> Place1 is in Poland, and is VERY close to a little village called
> Pzrewodow where a mysterious missile killed 2 people.
>
> I?m betting on Russian incompetence in entering the coordinates. So,
> with so many examples of Russian incompetence on display, why am I
> highlighting this one?
>
> Because the American and Polish governments are not letting the
> Ukrainian government investigate.
>
> Optimistic scenario: NATO is deescalating the situation.
>
> Pessimistic scenario: NATO just blinked.
>
> I?m looking at it from the optimistic scenario point of view.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
>
> Omar

Well for one thing, if it was a SAM, then GPS coordinates are
irrelevant. SAM stands for Surface to Air Missile, and those things
are usually radar-guided or heat-seeking missiles meant to destroy
aircraft. If it crashed onto the ground, in Poland or anywhere else,
then it was because it missed its intended target and ran out of fuel;
no matter who it belonged to. It wasn't deliberate because nobody
would use a SAM on a ground target.

Stuart LaForge