[ExI] lotta splainin to do

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Nov 20 02:38:10 UTC 2022

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
Sent: Saturday, 19 November, 2022 6:29 PM
To: 'ExI chat list' <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: spike at rainier66.com
Subject: RE: [ExI] lotta splainin to do

…> On Behalf Of Giovanni Santostasi via extropy-chat

>…Giovanni, I would suggest something like this is needed before
cryptocurrency becomes mainstream.  We have had BtC for years now, and I
still can’t use it the way I use fiat currency, there are no credit cards
available that I know of which accept BtC in payment.  …spike

I have seen the log log graphs of the value of BtC with respect to fiat
currency, yet I have not been compelled to buy the stuff.  However, I am
ready to make a prediction here, and offer an idea for the development I am
waiting for, before I will buy BtC: the appearance of a credit card which
will take BtC in payment which is accepted by merchants.

If that shows up, I predict the value of BtC will take off, with new
fortunes being made, just as we watched our friends make piles of money on
it the first time.  My prediction: the credit card step must take place at
some point.  Otherwise, I predict that BtC will not increase in value along
that logarithmic line we saw.  I predict it will level off without a credit
card.

Keep this prediction where you can find it.  You heard it first right here.