[ExI] bitcoin again

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 22:55:38 UTC 2022

On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 at 09:43, Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <

> SBF also made a lot of enemies in the community with his self interested
> lobbying and money laundering operation for the DNC.   He did not exude the
> typical anarcho capitalist vibe that powers the majority of the space.
>
> I'd also point out what he did was fraud, plain and simple.   He's
> crypto's equivalent of Maddoff.   It just so happens he did it with crypto.
>
> If he doesn't end up in jail, it will only be due to the fact that the DNC
> doesn't want its dirty laundry aired in discovery/at trial.  He was also
> pals with the head of the SEC, Gensler, who is anti all crypto outside of
> apparently FTX.

The likely outcome of all this is to push crypto to crypto trading and
crypto lending to decentralised finance (using smart contracts), with
centralised exchanges confining themselves to (hopefully closely audited)
crypto to fiat transactions.

> --
Stathis Papaioannou