[ExI] new career path...

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Nov 28 03:25:13 UTC 2022

Earlier I posted a snarky commentary on a young lady who attended some
froofy-doofy "college" from which she needed to pay still more money to
unlearn harmful memes.

In all that, I feel obligated to offer some actual useful advice to go along
with the annoying (yet oddly amusing) silliness for those who leave college
feeling the kinds of unsettling emotions they young pharmaceutical heiress
Rockwell was suffering.

>.New York City pharmaceutical heiress Annabella Rockwell is claiming that
her mother paid a $300-a-day "deprogrammer" after believing her daughter had
been "brainwashed" by attending an all-female
<https://www.foxnews.com/category/us/education/college> elite liberal
college that left the young woman "totally indoctrinated" and estranged from
the parents who raised her.

We all know this old world isn't fair.  But this old world is good.  We know
we can't fix everything.  But we can fix some things, and the mere feeble
attempt to fix stuff is a step along the road to recovery.  For idle
guilt-ridden pharma heiresses among us, I would recommend a day-long
treatment session from which she need not even pay me (particularly if she
is a figure skater): go with me to the local food bank and volunteer to work
down there, allllll daaaamn daaay, an activity which will result in a
paradigm shift.

Go down there with me, watch, work and listen to what happens.  There is a
ton of work to do at the food bank, a despair-inducing majority of it is
identifying and discarding perfectly edible expired food (oh that part
hurts) then making up boxes of nutritionally balanced donation boxes to give
away to those who need it.  I know of no other alternative that is a more
direct means of meeting the exact need of exactly the right people at the
exact time they need it.  People come in there, some of them living in their
cars or vans, all kinds, shapes and sizes, people of every race and most of
the genders, with one thing in common: they are in need.  OK cool, fill it.
Do what you can.

So. my disillusioned young figure skating pharma heiress, come on down
there, work with me and my scouts for one day.  I predict you will feel much
better, and perhaps get your feet back on the ground after too much
listening to too many professors who have never seen a food bank, find out
what can be done, then do it, do the hell outta that.

The problem with our having such short lives is that by the time we figure
out what we are supposed to be doing, we don't have much time left to do it.