[ExI] book review

Max More max at maxmore.com
Tue Nov 29 22:34:42 UTC 2022

Presumably, Marx would say that they can't do Marxism without totalitarianism because that goes against the historical dialectic. Before the state can wither away, you must first go through a stage of the "dictatorship of the proletariat".

Of course, Marx made a tiny little error in believing that a dictatorship would allow itself to wither away. On the contrary, every state tends to stuff itself with other people's money and power and become increasingly bloated.

Perhaps I'm just being egotistical, but I'm sure the world would be better off by replacing Marxism with Maxism. (If you disagree, I will not have you imprisoned or shot.)

--Max