[ExI] self-riding bicycle test board

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 22:45:44 UTC 2022

On Sun, Oct 2, 2022 at 2:19 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> This might not work (I ha’ me doots, Captain) but we are having fun.
>

> Adrian do you suppose this approach will work?  Or will the bike drift off
> and crash spectacularly?

It may work for the objective of having fun.

As to controls, though, it's not modeling the motors it's supposed to be
controlling.  You are not whatever mechanized system you will attach to the
bicycle.  You can use raw positional data to try to determine how to change
the acceleration - indeed, novice human riders often start off with this
very approach - but it takes some learning and adjustment - as it does for
human riders to become non-novices.  In the end, the gimmick will likely be
effectively discarded en route to making a working control system, which
you can do anyway whether or not you claim it to have been based on or
incorporate this gimmick.