[ExI] history of fashion

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 14 22:13:03 UTC 2022

Do pardon, for I am surely asking the wrong crowd, but I am doing a bit of
genetic detective work.  We can solve a mystery if we can get an approximate
date on this photo.  I know not diddley about fashion, but this photo to me
can't be much earlier than about 1970, because I just don't recall men
wearing plaid trousers before then.

The photo was taken we think in Virginia at a family reunion but all of
these people have passed on now.

Are there any among us who can ask their local fashion experts using skirt
length, collar styles, belt width, cloth patterns, shoes, hair styles, who
can offer us a reasonable estimate of the date on this photo?

When I hear back I will offer why we need a date, within a year or two if at
all possible.  It's cool.