[ExI] et tu, nova?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Oct 17 18:04:20 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of ilsa via extropy-chat
Sent: Monday, 17 October, 2022 10:47 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: ilsa <ilsa.bartlett at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] et tu, nova?

>…My grandson is dressing up as a zombie this year at Halloween, it was announced at dinner on Friday night. Reading the string is just been such an entertainment!

Cool that sounds like a lotta fun Ilsa.  Best wishes to him.  My son is dressing up as… Rick Astley.  He looks a lot like Rick did when he made the famous Rickroll video.  He found a yellow and black horizontal stripe shirt for the occasion.

>…Thank you for being in the planet…

Wait, WHAT?  No way Jose!  I am an extra-terrestrial alien!  On the planet but not OF the planet, dontchaknow…

>… and being friends and having this list…

Likewise Ilsa!  We are glad you are here pal.  We would have you post more often, even if it is a mere cheerful greeting with news of your grandzombie.

>…Integrating music is such a delight!

Integrating music now?  Is this something you young math hipsters are doing?  I am a musician and tutored calculus students doing integration, but I have never integrated music.  Do elaborate please.  Oh wait… retract.  You were referring to Zombie Jamboree.

I learned a cool new thing from that fun distraction: there are a bunch of different versions of that song, and all of them are slightly (or even radically) different with their words.  Belefonte had that verse about …if de atomic war begin, they have no part to breech in… which the Kingston Trio and the others didn’t do.  I think there is a Peter, Paul and Mary version of this song somewhere which might have that.  They were fearless anti-war protestors.

>…I am all smiles! Such Halloween fun fun

Thank you, ilsa

Please post more often Ilsa.  We need more upbeat sorts here.

spike