[ExI] Computers are changing humans

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 02:13:57 UTC 2022

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 4:27 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Adrian I thought of that, as did pretty much every chess player, but
> declined to comment for lack of knowledge on how such a device located way
> you implied could have a workable I/O system.  One can fairly easily
> imagine the O, but not the I part of that notion.  Ladies here might not
> wish to comment online perhaps.  With regard to a hearing aid, same
> situation: I see how it could communicate in the device-to-human direction,
> but I don’t see how the human to device channel would work.

The easy answer involves a collaborator watching the game, so the device
itself need only relay information to the wearer.  A harder answer involves
fine control of groin muscles, of the sort that should likely not be
detailed on this list.

A hearing aid could hear the moves being called out.  Perhaps the cheater
mutters the moves, within the range of innocent verbal tics.