[ExI] Computers are changing humans

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 21 02:23:13 UTC 2022

...> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Computers are changing humans

On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 at 02:17, spike jones via extropy-chat

> This tournament where Niemann apparently somehow hid a computing
> device up his ass was a big money tournament.  So it does matter, and
> it also is likely the end for money human vs human tournaments.  Sigh.

<snip>

> spike

>...Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for
$100 million over cheating claim Published Thu, Oct 20 2022

<https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/20/chess-grandmaster-hans-niemann-files-100-mi
llion-defamation-suit-over-cheating-accusation.html>

>...Now it looks as though they have to prove how the cheating was done.

>...BillK

Niemann's case is weakened considerably by the fact that he has been caught
cheating by Chess.com twice before, in online tournaments.  They reviewed
his games more carefully, using a collection of different software packages
and showed that he has cheated in over 100 games, as recently as 2020.

When a jury hears that evidence above by any expert witness (or in my case
A-rated witness (expert only in my wettest dreams)) this case is
oooooverrrrrrrr...