[ExI] worked on me

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Oct 25 23:38:33 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] worked on me

>…I was thinking mostly of frequency of repair costs and there the Toyota beats them all…

However, Toyota doesn’t really have anything in the Corvette/Porsche911/BMW M4/Mercedes AMG class.  I don’t know what these companies build that is in the Camry class, which is Toyota’s low repair cost champion.

>…Just griping:  my white car had the dashboard take a dive:  new computer = $1000…

Why does a car need a computer?  Will it run without it?  Let it go.

>…Now the 'gold' car needs new ball joints - $1000.

Find a new shop BillW:

https://repairpal.com/estimator/lincoln/town-car/suspension-ball-joint-replacement-cost

>…Are all four going bad simultaneously?  Does not that seem a bit too coincidental?

>…Town cars forever!!   bill w

I have had terrific luck with my Town Car, which brings up a question.  If one does not buy cars new, but rather about 4 to 6 years old, how do you compare them then?  The magazines only compare new cars.  But the Towner used is better than most competitors used, both in cost and maintenance costs.

When comparing cars, there are far too many imponderables.