[ExI] elon on twitter

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 28 17:15:21 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

>>… That has nothing to do with politics.

>…The political angle is, as has been famously put, "Reality has a liberal bias."  Or to put it more accurately, many so-called "conservative" politicians rely on outright lies, far more on average than so-called "liberal" politicians these days, to the point that anything enforcing truth in politics is going to be seen as having an anti-conservative-politician bias.  Twitter's moderation tries to veer toward verified truth… Adrian

Excellent, now Twitter under the leadership of Musk gets a chance to prove that contention about reality.  The censorship on Twitter becomes open, public domain, so we can see what has been censored and why.  Create a folder for censored material that Twitter didn’t allow.  Make that folder public domain, stuff that you can get to, but isn’t allowed on Twitter.  Then the public gets a chance to decide if reality has a liberal bias.  From my point of view, there is burden of proof required which is not being carried.

My notion is that truth has a libertarian bias.  Libertarians would not censor Twitter content at all, or if so, only very lightly, which is the way we have always done business on this forum.