[ExI] elon on twitter

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 28 18:11:18 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Darin Sunley via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] elon on twitter

>…The entire point of shadowbanning is that it's /shadowed/.  The plausible deniability is the most important part. If it's done properly, the victim doesn't know it's happening, and it can be done or undone as necessary and convenient… Darin

OK no worries Darin, we can deal.  Offer the fired Twitter content moderators a job making a software shadow ban detector with some kind of verification receipt by the intended recipients.   Then if shadow banning is detected by a shortage of receipts, the software makes public the person or software what did the suspected shadow banning.  If it is real, let us rip this whole shadow banning out of the shadows by shining a bright light upon the unwholesome and distasteful notion.  It just feels wrong to me.

I don’t see the disadvantage of any of this openness.  Elon Musk owning Twitter looks to me like a good thing.  He doesn’t like censorship either.