[ExI] elon on twitter

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Oct 29 15:32:44 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] elon on twitter

On Sat, Oct 29, 2022, 7:32 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Dave, precedent matters.  Jack Dorsey was never held liable for anything posted on Twitter.  If they start leaning on Musk now, it will be clear that Twitter is an extension of government power.

>…By what logic is this true?  Jack Dorsey was not government for First Amendment purposes…

Good question Adrian.  I don’t know, but plenty of us see a big change coming soon to the US federal government.  The betting public sees it clearly.  I noticed the share prices regarding the week from Tuesday’s elections.  I cut my losses in this market a few weeks ago:

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6874/Which-party-will-control-the-Senate-after-2022-election

If the power structure in DC changes hands, will the other guys treat Elon differently than Jack was treated?  What about Google?  In an important way, Google functionally wields more political power than either Face Book or Twitter.