[ExI] elon on twitter

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 28 21:21:29 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1585619322239561728/photo/1

>>...It seems that Twitter is the problem. Search engines don't index every tweet.
For various reasons, some historical, some by design.

BillK

>...They wouldn't need to, BillK.

Oh BillK, I am so pissed off at myself, I could shriek at the mirror until it cracks.  I could chew my ass like Senior Drill Sergeant Hartman on the new recruits for missing it.  There was a MONSTER opportunity this morning, a once in a LIFETIME opportunity... to pull off an EPIC gag.  And I didn't think of it.  Now it is too late.

Get a cardboard box, put some papers and desk debris in there, go stand around outside the Twitter headquarters in Sa Francisco, looking forlorn, talking on my cell phone, wait for a reporter to come up, grant an interview, choose my words carefully so I don't say anything that isn't literally true, but let them assume.  For instance I could say "I don't know WHAT I am going to do, I was a software developer, now, damn Elon Musk, I am out of a JOB!"

I don't actually say I ever worked at Twitter or what kind of software I developed, or for what company, or that I retired voluntarily 13 years ago, or that Elon Musk had anything to do with it, just damn Elon Musk, I am out of a job and don't know what I am going to do (which is kinda true in a literal sense (I don't know what I will do (none of us knows what we will do tomorrow (for we cannot see the future.))))  I will let THEM assume I was working for Twitter and I am one of the hapless proles fired that morning.

If I could pull this off with a straight face (no guarantee) I can imagine my former colleagues seeing that, and falling off their chairs laughing at the goofy news people I pwned.  They would realize old Spike finally composed his magnum opus gag.  He has arrived!  If I could get one of the news biggies to run that, oh my life would have meant something.