[ExI] The extropian roots of cryptoeconomics.

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:30:01 UTC 2022

On 2022. Oct 29., Sat at 17:56, Max More via extropy-chat <

> Really great piece, Giulio!

Thanks Max!

> Here's one that fits well and that I found fascinating if not entirely
> convincing:
>

> https://jongulson.medium.com/19-reasons-john-f-nash-jr-was-satoshi-nakamoto-14a291355b86

As you say, fascinating but not entirely convincing. John Nash was 80 in
2008. I can see that, at 65, I’m less smart than I used to be, and I guess
this is everyone’s case (but I hope I’m wrong). Also, Nash was of course
very familiar with the maths of crypto, but less so with modern computer
and internet systems, without which it would be very difficult to even
conceive of bitcoin.

I guess Satoshi Nakamoto was/is a hidden genius or a group. The fact that
Satoshi has never used their bitcoin wealth may indicate that Satoshi
is/are dead. Or maybe they are still waiting to cash in or use their
wealth. However, I think there’s a good chance that Satoshi, or one of
Satoshi, or all, was/were on our mailing list.