[ExI] they beat me to it

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Oct 29 16:50:42 UTC 2022

An offlister pointed out this was already done:

<https://news.slashdot.org/story/22/10/28/2339204/pranksters-posing-as-laid-
off-twitter-employees-trick-media-outlets>
https://news.slashdot.org/story/22/10/28/2339204/pranksters-posing-as-laid-o
ff-twitter-employees-trick-media-outlets

Damn those guys, I will totally SUE, for stealing my idea before I had it.

I have been entertaining myself to no end, figuring out how I would state
things such that my answers were all technically "true" but of course
knowingly and very intentionally misleading as all hell.  Oh the lengths I
will go to for a gag.  So tragic it is.

I could shake my head and make sentence fragment comments such as "...the
Tesla payments, how shall I cope?"  which does not explicitly claim that I
own a Tesla or that I cannot cope.  In the literal sense, I don't actually
"know" how I shall cope in the future, for neither I nor anyone else knows
what tragedies we need to cope with.

I could go on and on.  A pained grimace, along with "... I am ruined,
RUINED!" without specifying how I will be (ruined)^2, for all of us will
eventually perish, at which time we can all agree our fun is literally
ruined: Game over, Red Rover!  Ruined!

What else?  "...Where the hell am I going to go next?"  without actually
defining the term "next."  Next what?  Next decade?  I really don't know
where the hell I will go in that timeframe.

What else?  "...I should have left this damn place a year ago..."  again
literally true, for I went to San Francisco backpacking to Angel Island with
a group of scouts, and when we returned, I should have left there, and did.

.heeeeeeheheheheheheeeee...

Oh damn I coulda had such fun with the presumptuous reporters, all without
saying anything literally false.  I honestly don't know if I coulda pulled
off the whole thing with a straight face.  But had I lost control and busted
out laughing, I could perhaps fake temporary insanity, and try to shape it
into a maniacal Frankensteinish bwaaaahaahahaaahahahaaa....

These opportunities come along once in a long while.  I just need to be
alert.  If I had been alert, I wouldn'ta missed it.  America needs more
lerts.