[ExI] oh no, not this again...

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Sep 10 15:23:12 UTC 2022

Hmmmm. I had stopped worrying while we had two hurricanes blowing in the
Atlantic, but Danielle just unexpectedly fizzled, so now we only have Earl
left out there, and it isn't as impressive as we had hoped.

If we look at accumulated cyclonic energy, 2022 is a little less than half
the average for the past 56 years, but this year is no longer the record
holder for the quietest year at this date, which is just past the peak of
storm season.

A fun thought occurred to me.  A hurricane moves across the sea surface at
the average speed of the surface winds, but the water she blows into the
atmosphere moves way faster.  By that reasoning, moisture from Earl should
be arriving in Europe by now.

BillK, are ye lads getting any relief from the heat at drought?