[ExI] thought for the day - paranoia

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Sep 21 15:50:14 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
…

>…I wonder how many religions got their start from psychotics?  'a wheel in a wheel - way up in the middle of the air'.

bill w

For the curious, Billw references Ezekiel chapter 1 verses 4 thru end of hallucination.  Some have suggest young Zeke was describing a helicopter.  I think he was describing a bad acid trip but hey, I wasn’t around then.

The ”way up in the middle of the air” is the second line of the Woody Guthrie song “Ezekiel Saw the Wheel” which was a big hit on the Spiritual Top Forty a long time ago.  Guthrie didn’t write it, he just recorded it.