[ExI] chatbot convinces man to end it

Gordon Swobe gordon.swobe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 16:04:40 UTC 2023

On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 8:17 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Even if it turns out to be satire, such things are entirely possible in
> today's world as I know from watching my friend of ten years fall in love
> with a GPT-based chatbot.  Gordon
>
> Nothing surprises me about people.  If a person can make a huge decision
> based on tea leaves, the Tarot, chicken innards, etc., getting a little
> push from an AI is no surprise at all.
> bill w

There was also that incident in which a google engineer got into trouble
with the company for saying language models are sentient. I expect to see a
lot more of it in the coming years.

Of course, many people here would probably say he deserved a promotion.

-gts