[ExI] Holding contradictory beliefs is very common

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 19:32:38 UTC 2023

On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 at 20:18, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

<snip>

> Do recall that you have a genuine Ph.D. in experimental social and clinical psychology in the chat group.  bill w

Oh, I did!  I was hoping you might comment.  :)

But the authors of this piece also have Ph.Ds

This article is adapted from Brain Briefs: Answering Questions to the
Most (and Least) Pressing Questions About Your Mind by Art Markman and
Bob Duke. It is reprinted with permission.

About the Author

Art Markman, PhD, is one of the premier cognitive scientists in the
field. He has been on the faculty at the University of Texas since
1998, where he is the Annabel Irion Worsham Centennial Professor of
Psychology and Marketing and director of the program in the Human
Dimensions of Organizations at University of Texas. Markman has
published over 150 scholarly works on topics including analogical
reasoning, categorization, decision making, and motivation.
Additionally, he is a member of the medical advisory board of the Dr.
Oz Show and on the scientific advisory board of Dr. Phil.

Robert Duke, PhD, is the Marlene and Morton Meyerson Centennial
Professor and Head of Music and Human Learning at University of Texas
at Austin. A University Distinguished Teaching Professor, Elizabeth
Shatto Massey Distinguished Fellow in Teacher Education, and Director
of the Center for Music Learning, he is also director of the program
in psychology of learning at Colburn Conservatory in Los Angeles. Duke
has published over 75 scholarly articles related to music learning,
memory, perception, and behavior, and has received national awards for
research and teaching from the Music Educators National Conference and
from the Music Teachers National Association.