[ExI] GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 21:04:18 UTC 2023

> The brain at birth has already received plenty of information from the environment.

Many animals have gestation periods. The signals received during gestation do not explain the exceptional capabilities of the human brain. The signals in the gestation period of dogs for example is not fundamentally different than that of humans. The hormones, nutrients, etc. are similar. The capabilities of the human brain must be due to the differences in our DNA compared to that of dogs. As Jason pointed out, human DNA is less than a gigabyte of information, which is surprisingly simple, simpler even than modern video games which often are 60+ gigabytes in size.