[ExI] More mailing lists of this calibre?

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Fri Apr 7 16:11:58 UTC 2023

Hello Bill,

Well, my problem is that I have a tendency to have very broad taste...
call me a dilettante I guess. ;)

Currently I'm thinking a lot about positive psychology and transpersonal
psychology. Add to that, a dose of philosophical pragmatism and some
thoughts around if it is in fact possible to combine religion based on a
"what works" way of doing it, without losing the effects of religion.

I guess what lead me to that point is the increasing specialization of
philosophy as well as psychology and the focus on curing the symptom but
perhaps not the underlying cause. Philosophy as well, (and here I do have
academicexperiencemyself) seems to have become increasingly less relevant
to people, although there are of course some pop philosophy authors who
try and bring it back to the masses.

I think that from a public health point of view, it is very understandable
that CBT, pills and "quick fixes" is the only thing being focused on given
a lack of resources (I'm currently based in europe where the majority of
all healthcare is public or a mix of public and private).

Given your knowledge and experience, is that something you have thought
about and worked on?

Best regards,
Daniel