[ExI] Seastead Girl - the novel

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 17:05:52 UTC 2023

On Fri, Apr 7, 2023 at 9:19 AM Gadersd via extropy-chat <

> Check out AutoGPT. It is a project that aims to give ChatGPT the ability
> to manage businesses. It is currently in an early stage but it will only
> become better from here.
>
> GitHub - Torantulino/Auto-GPT: An experimental open-source attempt to make
> GPT-4 fully autonomous. <https://github.com/Torantulino/Auto-GPT>

I see nothing in the setup instructions about connecting it to a business,
just about installing the software.  The demo likewise had nothing to do
with managing a business, just about coming up with new creative content -
in this case, a recipe that some chef could implement.

The site claims, "This program, driven by GPT-4, autonomously develops and
manages businesses to increase net worth."  While it does appear to use
GPT-4 and can run autonomously ("continuous mode"), I saw nothing to
support the claim that it can develop and manage a business.  It can
perhaps advise on how to do so, but giving advice is different from
actually doing it.

That said, something like this project's "continuous mode" would be needed
to accomplish the task it claims to be built for.

> It is already being used for marketing.

Do you have any examples?  Not just of it being used to create content that
people can do outreach with, but of it itself actually doing the outreach.