[ExI] where is my housekeeping robot?

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Fri Apr 7 17:42:40 UTC 2023

Look, I guess ya'll think it's cool if AI takes over jobs like creative writing, and "persons with wombs" are still stuck doing housework, but I've got to say, I would much prefer it to be the other way around. I want to be the one writing fun stories, while a robot does the drudge work, and right now it looks like things are going in the opposite direction.

Guys, I'll be honest. I really, really hate housework. But I really would prefer a nice clean house.

Where is my housekeeping robot?

Where is my gardenbot? Where is my chefbot?

Affordable and available. Not hypothetical or super-expensive or Only In Japan.

Or I am expected to clean up cat litter, sort legos on the floor, wash dirty clothes for the AIs of the future, while the supersmart AIs relax and chat?

Let me tell you, that is a bullshit future.

I refuse to accept any singularity without housekeeping robots.

  :P

Sorry for grumping, but it's two days to Easter, I'm going to have a house full of kids high on sugar, and my house looks like it's in Kiev. Now, maybe the AIs are so intelligent they've figured out that doing housework is for plebs and rubes. But until I get a housework bot, I've got to agree with Gordon, nothing is that smart if all it does is chat, and never lifts a robo-effing-finger to help me get this mess cleaned up.

/end rant.

Tara Maya