[ExI] GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Apr 8 12:03:56 UTC 2023

From: Gordon Swobe <gordon.swobe at gmail.com>
…

>…In 1999, I led a team of computer chess enthusiasts in a global effort to beat Kasparov. ,,,  The world lost, but those were some of the most fun and intense four months of my life.

>>…The World Team also benefited from an organization known as "The Computer Chess Team" founded and captained by Gordon Swobe. This team used distributed computing to analyze each possible line and make recommendations to the world.

>…Kasparov versus the World
https://www.chess.com/blog/ThummimS/kasparov-versus-the-world

-gts

WOWsers Gordon, this is insanely cool.  I remember that game.  I was watching it unfold realtime, busy as all hell in those days, huge subsystem redesign going on, travelling a lot.  I was younger then compared to now.  Gordon thanks for the fond memories.