[ExI] chatgpt plus google translate

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 00:14:02 UTC 2023

Yeah,
Long ago when I was amazed at language translators I did an experiment
where I took a passage from Alice in Wonderland (of course) and I
translated to different languages and back to see what would happen. The
result was really trippy but you could still recognize the original text.
But when you tried to go to Chinese and then back the change was
dramatic and it was completely hilarious but in some way meaningful, here
and there you could find some jewels, almost koan-like. It would be
interesting to do a similar experiment.
But also ask questions to GPT-4 in different languages and see if language
creates different types of responses, I think this would be a more
interesting experiment to be honest.

On Sun, Apr 9, 2023 at 4:48 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <