[ExI] Why stop at glutamate?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 00:59:16 UTC 2023

*how do you eff the ineffable nature of colorness quality experience*s.
You don't because it is not what knowledge or science is about. You are
confusing the territory and the map. We already discussed this.
You are basically putting the finger on a blue line on a map and saying
"this is not a river because my finger is not wet". It is a freaking map.
Or you are looking at the drawing of an engine in a very detailed blue
print and say "I don't hear the engine noise or it doesn't move". Do you
understand what I try to tell you?
The beauty of the map and the blue print is that you can build in real life
the engine or you can navigate the territory with the map, but they are not
engine or the landscape the map is supposed to represent. Do you
understand what I mean?
But it clear it doesn't matter what the engine is made of. I can use the
same blueprint and make the engine with titanium vs steel. I can recreate
the engine in a virtual environment. The real engine is in the design, the
relation between the parts, how they move relative to one another, the fuel
(real or virtual) i put in it and how it used. That is where the knowledge
really is.

The explanation gap is not an explanation gap is "make it real gap" that is
stupid because of course the map is not the territory. But you can use the
map to build a landscape if you wanted (for example you could recreate an
accurate digital version of a city and so on).

All this stuff is not as mysterious as you and the other philosopher think
it is. There is no hard problem if not in the head of navel-gazing
philosophers. I'm glad I'm a scientist in the tradition of Galileo.
Giovanni