[ExI] Why stop at glutamate?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 01:16:29 UTC 2023

I'm saying that science is about map making. This is all what we can do and
all what we should do.
It is called modelling. It is the core of science.
It is the most important concept to understand about science. We make
models, good models are useful not necessarily true. In fact, a good model
needs to have less information than what it represents to be useful. Apply
all what I'm saying above to this entire business of understanding redness.
Science to explain red needs only to make a good model of what redness is,
not to give the subjective experience of redness to somebody as if was some
kind of enlightenment experience. I can use the model to make you
experience red if I wanted by extracting what is essential in redness and
reproduce that with some artificial mean (for example electrodes in your
brain) even if you optical nerve was severed.
This is how you know we do understand what the heck red is. This is how we
make airplane flight or this is how we communicate on these computers.
Do you get what I'm trying to say?