[ExI] The Future Of Humanity Is Threatened Due To AI Here Are 10 Reasons

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Apr 10 14:02:50 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] The Future Of Humanity Is Threatened Due To AI Here Are 10 Reasons

>…An AI that has excellent social awareness and skills can help millions of people on the autism spectrum, or near it, like me.  Feed it what you would say and ask it what should I say.   bill w

Imagine two such subjects meeting and interacting, both merely parroting what their own chatbots suggested they say.  They enjoy listening to their “own” words in the artificial conversation, but somehow, after a while realize they can just get the chatbots interacting with each other, then the two humans can go off without them and resume the old familiar clumsy social interaction.  The human^2 lacks the coolness, the socially sophisticated Bond-James-Bond-ism of the bot^2 discussions, but at least they had something to do.

In some ways, I am already missing being the smartest species on the block.