[ExI] Who does or does not think consciousness is composed of color (and other) qualities?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 16:41:30 UTC 2023

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for the answer.
I define "perceive color" to be a long chain of abstracting causal events.
The final result is a conscious experience composed of colorness qualities.
We don't "perceive" these qualities, they are just qualities of which our
conscious knowledge of what we see is composed.
So, even if there was no "physical world" out there and it was all just an
abstract matrix simulation, feeding information to your brain, effectively
lying to you, making you only "THINK" you were perceiving something more
than 1s and 0s, you could still know, absolutely that you were experiencing
colorness qualities, the final result of the 1s and 0s being feed to your
neurons.
[image: matrix_vats.jpg]
Qualities are in the brains, in all those vats, in physical reality.  All
there are in the matrix are 1s and 0s, which are explicitly designed to be
abstracted away from any physical properties representing them, via a
dictionary.

On Sun, Apr 9, 2023 at 11:49 PM Sherry Knepper via extropy-chat <