[ExI] The Future Of Humanity Is Threatened Due To AI Here Are 10 Reasons

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Apr 10 16:47:33 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes …

On Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 7:04 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>… after a while realize they can just get the chatbots interacting with each other…spike

 >…That doesn't quite work as a parallel.  In Bill's scenario, the chatbots need to ask the human at each step what the human would say.  They can react to and modify that, but the base content is still coming from the humans; the chatbots have to wait for that before they can take the next step.  Adrian

Ja.  Adrian we need the chatbot to ride along in our phone, do speech recognition, offer interesting and engaging comments into the BI’s ear using an airpod.

There are those who can translate speech in real time, which is quite a trick really: they need to talk and listen at the same time, while thinking in two different languages.  Well OK then, if your chatbot is telling you what to say in real time, and you are just expressing the thought or idea without actually having to translate it, that seems like it would be a big step down from real time translation.

Of course it would all be phony as a three-dollar bill, but hell, look at us.  We boys buy expensive clothing and cars if we can afford that, we put up a false front in a way, go around acting as if we don’t suck.  Some women wear so much makeup on their faces they don’t even look like the same person when all that war paint comes off.  We might as well go ahead and present artificial personalities and social graces. Even with that option, alls I really need are the artificial social skills.  I can already fake being smart and interesting, even without AI.  I only get caught when the person I am talking to is smart and interesting.  So… I just avoid those types, get an artificial social graces coach, and noooo problem, I am up in the same league with that beer salesperson.

No dammit, not that Bud Light sales person, this one:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=most+interesting+man+in+the+world <https://duckduckgo.com/?q=most+interesting+man+in+the+world&t=chromentp&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fmiro.medium.com%2Fmax%2F1100%2F1*WYBY8rHgR84k1rsORxH85A.jpeg> &t=chromentp&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fmiro.medium.com%2Fmax%2F1100%2F1*WYBY8rHgR84k1rsORxH85A.jpeg

Which leads to the next obvious question: What if… it was really all just fake?  What if, in real life, Jonathan Goldsmith is boring as hell and dumber than a post?  The mind boggles.

I still want an artificial grace-bot.