[ExI] Who does or does not think consciousness is composed of color (and other) qualities?

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 19:02:38 UTC 2023

No offense taken at all. Don't worry about it. [If it seems like I'm just
dipping in and out of this thread, that's a personal bandwidth issue. Any
silence should not imply that offense has been taken.]

In partial response to your point, "Knowledge" is doing a /lot/ of heavy
lifting there.

I would distinguish between declarative facts that are accessible to
introspection, recallable conscious experiences from which we can derive
declarative facts, and immediate sensations that form recallable
consciously experienced memories from which we can derive declarative facts
accessible to memory and introspection, etc.

At a minimum.

On a lighter note, I haven't the foggiest idea what it means to
"experience" a quality. If I (or really, anybody in the world) could
explain  phenomenal redness to a man born blind, this conversation would be
looking /very/ different. :D

On Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 12:42 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <