[ExI] permanent changes

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 18:23:09 UTC 2023

In personality we have OCEAN - the big five traits.  They change a bit over
time, like the introvert becoming more extroverted (like me).  But
basically I am still an introvert and you can't change that no matter what
you do or fake.

FAking pleasantness and becoming pleasant?  Sure, why not?  But mood is
partly genetic - maybe half like a lot of things.  If you are at the wrong
end, you could move up some, but not a lot, and if you cease your 'faking'
you will regress to your mean, which is grumpy.  I suppose many negative
things happening can make a jolly person more grumpy but they will be more
likely to revert to their usual happiness when the bad spells are over.

Does this mean that if a person's parents die they will be more likely to
grieve longer if they are at the downer end?  Yes, I think it does, and
vice versa.

bill w