[ExI] Why stop at glutamate?

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Thu Apr 13 19:18:22 UTC 2023

On 13/04/2023 15:10, Jason Resch wrote:
> In the end, the goals of the theist and the scientist are the same, to
> find the truth, and better understand our place and in reality.

There is a big difference, though. The scientist aims to constantly get
closer to 'the truth', /whatever it may be/.

The theist aims to discover 'THE TRUTH', as defined by whatever god/s or
'holy' texts they believe in.

Just think about what the word 'holy' means. That in itself should be a
red flag. There's no such thing as a 'holy' research paper. Even the
theory of evolution is open to challenge. The koran? Not so much!

Scientists are explorers, and they go where the evidence takes them.
Theists are apologists for a preconceived idea, they only tread on
predetermined paths, usually laid down by some 'holy book' or other.

I do think that science and religion originally spring from the same
impulse, but only one of them actually works for figuring out how the
world works. The other went badly wrong, a long long time ago.

Ben